School is almost out and if you’re like most of us during the summer, family members tend to have busy schedules and we all come and go several times a day. Overhead Door Company sells and installs wireless keypads, which are ideal for families on the go! There’s no need for remotes or keys. It provides secure door entry for up to three Overhead Door garage door openers. The features include:
- A flip-up cover design that is available in four colors to match your garage door color, including white, sandstone, almond and brown. This design offers you the convenience of remote entry without detracting from your home’s aesthetic look. The cover is made from a tough, weather-resistant plastic that includes an ultraviolet (UV) additive to protect against sunlight damage. When you move the cover, it does not activate the keypad, which eliminates the chance of the battery being drained prematurely. All of the keypad covers include basic use instructions for programming and customer assistance.
- The keypad is 40% larger than past models for easy use. Its’ fully illuminated, large buttons provide greater visibility. The color-coded program button has been moved away from the numeric buttons to minimize unintended activation. The switches that are used offer four times the life versus standard mechanical switches.
- Radio performance. Overhead Door Company’s wireless digital keypad features an advanced “Tuneless Surface Acoustic Wave Resonator” for superior performance.
- Its Rolling Code Security works with all Overhead Door CodeDodger residential garage door opener systems. Unlike competitive units that only work with one opener, this wireless keypad can control up to three openers.
- The Status Indicator LED alerts the homeowner to battery life. A series of different LED flashes provide feedback during programming.
- PIN Flexibility. Accepts a three to eight digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) for optimal convenience and security.
- Simple Programming and Mounting. There is a basic three-step programming process. There’s no need to remove the keypad cover for mounting the screw attachment. The mounting surface is raised to prevent water from collecting between the keypad and mounting surface.
- Battery. It comes with a standard 9 volt battery. The battery compartment has a triple lock design for secure battery retention. One great feature is that the keypad stays programmed during battery change; no need for reprogramming! Another great thing to keep in mind is that whenever you need a new battery for your garage door remote(s) or keypad, Overhead Door Company gives them away for FREE! That’s right. No charge to you. We recycle old batteries too. The majority of what we recycle is rechargeable and non-rechargeable dry cell batteries. This includes alkaline, primary lithium, nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride, lithium ion, small sealed lead acid and other household dry-cell batteries. Our only request is that you tape the ends of the terminals with scotch tape. This prevents the dangerous evolution of heat and short circuits when we ship them to be recycled. If you have batteries that have leaked or are corroded, you can place those in a separate baggie and still bring them to us.
The wireless keypad can also enhance the security of your home. Have you ever needed to schedule a service technician such as a plumber, etc. to come to your home when you can’t be there? Instead of leaving your home unlocked, you can give your PIN to the technician so he or she has access upon arrival. Then you can change the PIN after the fact if desired. This can be a great way to give individuals access if/when necessary, without compromising your home’s overall security.
If you’re ready to add more convenience to your garage door system by choosing a wireless keypad, stop into one of our locations.