When homeowners are ready to replace their garage door or are building a new home, they usually come to us at Overhead Door Company wanting a good insulated garage door. Often times our Thermacore® Collection is the best fit. It’s a steel garage door featuring premium insulation and design, which results in maximum thermal efficiency and reduced air infiltration. It’s a better built garage door from the inside out.
If you have living spaces in your home that are located above or near your garage, having a garage door that is properly insulated such as the Thermacore® Collection for extreme cold (this winter has been a great example) and hot climates increases the thermal efficiency and comfort you experience in your house.
The Thermacore® garage door comes in several panel styles including standard, flush, V5 which features a design with vertical lines, and the newest style which is the long panel design.
Overhead Door recently added five new inserts for the long panel Thermacore® Collection model doors. The new inserts are designed with thinner mullions and less flange material around the perimeter edges thus providing more light. The picture below provides a comparison of new vs. original inserts. The new inserts feature about 33% less plastic coverage, thus providing better light transmittance and the larger light appearance.
They also recently added black, gray, walnut and golden oak to the color options for the Thermacore® Collection, which already includes white, almond, desert tan, sandstone, terra bronze, brown and hunter green.
There are numerous window styles for the Thermacore® garage door that all come with double strength glass and decorative accents available including ornamental hardware such as handles and hinges.
The Thermacore® Collection’s key features include:
- Premium insulation – a continuous layer of foamed-in-place, CFC-free polyurethane insulation sandwiched between two layers of corrosion-resistant steel
- Embossed wood-grain texture – adds beauty, sophistication and durability
- In-between section thermal seals – Provides an air infiltration rating of up to .08 cfm, seals provide superior resistance to the elements
- Durable finish – Hot-dipped galvanized steel with two coats of baked-on polyester paint
- Bulb-type bottom weather seal – guards against wind and rain while providing a cushion when closing
- WindStorm™ wind load rated system – This is available on select products to meet regulations for a variety of wind speeds
If you are interested in getting a quote for a garage door, complete the Request A Free Estimate form. If you’d like additional information, please contact us today.