You’ve noticed lately that when you open and close your garage door, it’s awfully noisy and seems to be getting caught on something. So you decide to call a garage door company to have a professional come assess your situation, and quite frankly, fix the problem! So you’ve made the call, now what??
The philosophy of The Door People at Overhead Door Company is we want our customers to know what they can expect! First of all, we want as much information from you as to what is going on with your overhead door. Here are some routine questions we will ask:
- What seems to be the problem? Don’t spare any details or observations you’ve noticed when running your garage door. Maybe it’s the noise it’s making, maybe the door is getting stuck, maybe your wall button works but your remotes don’t seem to be. All of this information helps us properly inform our service technician as to what to look for when he arrives.
- Is it an emergency? We understand the importance of using your garage door on a daily basis (and sometimes multiple times throughout the day!). We want to know if you have a vehicle stuck inside, if you’ve been able to detach your operator so you can operate your door manually, etc. We do our very best to schedule our technicians to take care of immediate problems each work day. Our typical response time is 1-3 days for service calls. However, we do offer emergency service because we know that sometimes problems can occur at night, on the weekends, or even a workday when you cannot wait. Our emergency service numbers are available for 24/7 service, 365 days a year.
- Which overhead door is giving you problems? Now for some homeowners, you may only have one garage door. For some of you, you may have multiple buildings and/or overhead doors. Make sure you tell us which door you are referring to.
- Do we have access? Some homeowners want to be home or meet our service technician at their place of residence when we know we are coming. Some homeowners may not have the luxury of leaving work or other commitments to meet us at their home. But if they know ahead of time that we plan on doing service for them, they can leave a walk-in door unlocked, give us the code to their wireless keypad, or find another method that still allows our garage door professional to get into the garage.
If you are not home at the time of service, we will leave a note letting you know what we determined the problem was and that we remedied the situation.
- Communication is key. The Door People want to exceed your expectations. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! We may not know what your door problem is until we are there to fully assess the situation. As a result, knowing what the cost is to fix your door may not be known at the time when you schedule service. We can, however, help you understand what our rates are. They depend on where you live, how long our service technician needs to get your door back up and running and the cost of parts. Most customers don’t like surprises, and we want you to be well informed!
If you know that you are need of service for your door, you can call us or complete the Service Request form.