When it comes to choosing a new garage door, wouldn’t it be great to try it on? On your house I mean. Maybe I want to see it in green. No wait, gray. I wonder what it would look like with Somerton windows, or decorative hinges and handles?
If you’re in the market for a new garage door, take a peek at our interactive DoorView Design Tool. It’s as easy as taking a photo of your home, uploading the photo and browsing all of the product options available to you!
When you’re ready to take a photo of your house, keep the following tips in mind for the best results:
- The photo should be no less than 800 pixels in height or width, and no larger than 6MB in file size
- Take it during daylight hours, preferably with the sun at your back
- Take it horizontally oriented (landscape format), with a straight-on view
- Make sure your camera is in a high quality setting and in focus
- See to it that you have an unobstructed and prominent view of your garage
The best part is that you have the option to save your photos after you’ve been through the DoorView Tool. That way you can compare different colors, styles and accents, all at a time when it’s convenient for you. Maybe you want your friend’s opinion of what looks best. Go ahead and email her your photos and let her weigh in! Want to take a survey? Share it on Facebook or Twitter and take a poll. The options are endless. I love that this tool allows consumers to see what’s available and have a basic understanding of Overhead Door’s products before you want to call us or visit our showroom. You can also use your saved photo(s) to email to the Sales Manager at your nearby Overhead Door Company.
- Mason City, IA | Brandon Holt | Brandon.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olmsted County, MN | Brandon Nord | Brandon.email@example.com
- Albert Lea, MN | Ron Nelson | firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of us like to be educated about our purchases before we actually buy. Thanks to the Internet, we have a large variety of resources available at our fingertips to learn more about the brands and types of products we’re interested in. Overhead Door brand garage doors, openers and accessories are no different! Feel free to browse our wide selection of literature here that describes the different types and styles of residential and commercial doors and operators. We do, however, want you to use caution when selecting a color. Sometimes what appears on your computer monitor or what color shows up from a printer may not be accurate to the actual color that the door comes in. It is best to contact us and view our approved color samples in person when matching colors or finding out what the actual color would be.
Feel free to play around with the interactive DoorView Design Tool and let us know what you think! Try a new garage door on for a new style and don’t be afraid to accessorize!