We’ve been telling our readers and customers that this is a great time of year to schedule general service on your garage door(s). In fact, we even have a special going on right now through October 31 where you can schedule a garage door tune up for $60 and that is for up to two doors at your home. Colder weather is right around the corner and like most things, garage doors and operators don’t work as well in the winter.
If you’ve never scheduled routine service for your garage door, here are a few things you should tell your overhead door company:
- Is it an emergency? We understand the importance of using your garage door on a daily basis (and most of us use it several times throughout the day!). We want to know if you have a vehicle stuck inside, if you’ve been able to detach your operator so you can operate your door manually, etc.
Overhead Door Company does our very best to schedule our technicians to take care of immediate problems each work day. Our typical response time is 1-3 days for service calls. If that is not soon enough, The Door People offer emergency service because we know that sometimes problems can occur at night, on the weekends, or even a workday when you cannot wait. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- What have you been noticing when using your garage door? Maybe it’s the noise it’s making, maybe the door won’t close the entire way, maybe your wall button works but your remotes don’t seem to be. All of this information helps us properly inform our service technician as to what to look for when he/she arrives.
- Which overhead door needs service? Some homeowners have multiple buildings and/or more than one garage door. Be sure to tell us which door(s) you are needing serviced.
- Do we have access? We know our customers have busy schedules and can’t always be home during the work day. If you prefer we use a walk-in door or a different method to access your garage door, just let us know. Some customers want to be home or meet our service technician at their place of residence when it’s time for service. We will do whatever you prefer and feel is best for your home and family.
- Ask Us Questions! We may not know what your door problem is until we are there to assess the situation. As a result, knowing what the cost is to fix your door may not be known at the time when you schedule service. We can, however, help you understand what our rates are. They depend on where you live, how long our service technician needs to get your door back up and running and the cost of parts. Most of us don’t like surprises, and we want you to be well informed!
If you’re ready to take advantage of the $60 garage door tune up special, complete the Service Request form, call us or visit your local garage door showroom. Remember, offer ends October 31, 2021!