Did you know you can design your own garage door? What a revolutionary idea to help you visualize what a new garage door is going to look like! Better yet, if you’re having trouble deciding between styles or colors, our web-based interactive tool, DoorView, allows you to upload a picture of your home and save images to compare. Whether you’re building a new home or know you need to replace your existing garage door, DoorView is a great tool that can help you narrow down your choices.
Here are some tips when you take a picture of your home to use in DoorView:
- The photo should be no less than 800 pixels in height or width, and no larger than 6MB in file size
- Take it during daylight hours, preferably with the sun at your back
- Take it horizontally oriented (landscape format), with a straight-on view
- Make sure your camera is in a high quality setting and in focus
- See to it that you have an unobstructed and prominent view of your garage
Picking out a garage door is a decision that requires some thought and planning. The Door People at Overhead Door Company can help you through this process. We can assist you with finding a door that is going to best fit your needs and answer any questions you may have. Not comfortable using the DoorView Tool on your own? That’s okay—we are here to help! Just bring in a picture (electronic copy is best) into one of our showrooms and we will show you how the interactive tool works. We can help you save the photos and show you garage door section and color samples in person.
Feel free to play around with the interactive DoorView Design Tool and give us a call or stop in to our garage door showroom today!